1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433MXE purchase

Discussion in 'TVs' started by phil_evans, Sep 17, 2002.

1. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick post to say thanks to everyone on the forum who's helped me out with advice on the purchase of this new screen.

Biggest thanks go to Joe Fernand @ www.tmfsolutions.co.uk who managed to take my order last Tuesday and despatch the plasma, tabletop stand and a SoundStyle XS-310 AV rack by Friday night. Joe REALLY knows his stuff on these screens and was a major factor in helping me to make my mind up. The packages turned up via TNT at 7.30 on Saturday morning - it felt better than Xmas!

Special thanks to Party Animal too for a wealth of advice and plenty of humour over the last month or so - good luck with your own imminent plasma arrival!

The screen itself is excellent - no stuck/ dead pixels and it looks great with all the sources I've tried (DVD, TV, DTTV, VHS, PC). I went with the Pioneer in the end because of the recent price cut, the XGA resolution and the connectivity with the PDA-5002 card. Hooking it up to my laptop and adding a Logitec wireless mouse and keyboard has added a new dimension to surfing and the PC image is rock-solid above 60Hz.

My only negative comment is that the set doesn't do black in the same way that the Panasonics can, but in my case the Pioneer's brightness, connectivity and resolution outweigh this disadvantage.

Phil

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats Phil
    Never thought you would beat me to it, but hope you have many Happy hours viewing.

Have you had the friends round to have a nosy yet
    :D :D

3. browellm

browellm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well done Phil. Does your panel have any noticable buzzing or humming?

4. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    I have the 433mxe. With reference to the buzzing, this panel is absolutely silent.
    Regards

5. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Browellm - yep, absolutely silent apart from the slight pop/click when you turn the set on/off! The fans don't come on at all, even when the set has got quite warm after a few hours viewing.

Party Animal - well, yeah, but it was 2am last night and we weren't in any state to appreciate the finer points of the screen

:D :D :D