1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433MXE or Fujitsu 50"?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Wilster, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if anyone else has seen this, but Ivojo are selling a 50" Fujitsu for a real low price, less than a grand more than the pioneer 433mxe!

http://www.ivojo.co.uk/fujitsu-p50xha11.htm

I may be able to stretch to that 50", but I've yet to find anywhere that has one to view. People do seem quite keen on a similar model over on AVSForum though...
    I've built myself an htpc to feed the panel with Freeview, DVDs and dscaler-ised analogue cable (all I can get where I am), so connections arent too much of an issue (both can take VGA or DVI).
    I was originally split between the Pioneer433mxe and Panny 5 HD, but seeing the price of this 50", its got to be worth thinking about!
    I am flicker and noise sensitive tho, so I'd love to know if anyone has any experience of this screen wrt fan noise, hum and flicker. Cheers

Will

2. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The p50 is regarded by many to be the best 50inch plasma available. There was a shootout between the 50inch mxe and the p50 with screenshots. It was clear that the p50 was the better display, and a ISF techy said that he would pick the p50 after looking at the two side by side.

3. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I think they have made a mistake.

It should read the p50xha10. I am pretty sure the p50xha11 does not exist.

This is a great price for the p50.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the link to the reviews?

5. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure, but isn't your toshiba going to be jealous?:)

Give me a sec.

6. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Steve.r2

Steve.r2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just installed my P50 and can highly recommend it. There is no screen flicker that I can see and with the exception of a second of fan noise as it spins up when first switched on I would say it’s virtually silent.
    The picture when playing a component fed dvd is as good if not better than any other plasma screen I have seen.
    If the quoted price is correct then it has to be worth looking at, I just paid £5100 and still think I got a great screen for the money.

:smashin:

P.S Pic in the get your plasmas out thread

8. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has to be the wrong price! I have emailed them to comfirm it.

9. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I've read elsewhere, the 10 is just the screen, the 11 can have speakers connected to it (hence the audio bits in the spec list?) and the 12 has built in speakers. That might be for the 42" version only though. It is indeed a very tempting price for a 50" screen, but if it sounds like a Hitachi PMA400e then thats not gonna be good!

10. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean by "sounds like a Hitachi PMA400e"?

I still can't find anything about a Fujitsu P50XHA11 on fujitsu UK, USA and google.

11. IanM

IanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I can't find the P50XHA11 mentioned anywhere else on the web, so I do wonder if it's a typo. The specs look the same.

If it is the P50XHA10ES then it's a brilliant price. Everyone else is charging at least a grand more (which is what I paid 6 months ago).

As for reviews, www.avsforum.com (the very active US version of these forums) has threads from loads of satisfied customers. I just did a quick search and this thread was the latest:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279628

Quote: "After reading umpteen million posts on this forum there is no question in my mind that the overwhelming concensus of opinion is that Fujitsu is the best 50" plasma on the market today."

And this quote was from the guy who started the thread, entitled "Fujistu is a loser" (his gripes were with distribution and prices rather than the product quality).

If it is the P50XHA10ES then I'd recommend that you get it whilst you can. I admit that I'm biased, but it really is a great screen.

Cheers,
    Ian

12. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Urotsukidoji - maybe I just heard a loud one in a quiet room, but I thought the fan noise wasn't exactly quiet! I have read that they are better now and have 2 of the four fans disabled now though.

It seems most people are very impressed with this plasma. Does anyone know where I can see one in London somewhere? Harrods maybe? Plasma quality can be quite subjective it seems, so I dont want to buy without seeing at all, even at that price!

13. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Selfridges at London have one.

Fan noise is supposed to be minimal.

14. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll pop down after work or at lunch tomorrow. Have they confirmed the price and model to you yet Urotsukidoji? Im waiting until I see one before I get in touch with them.

15. krl25sc

krl25sc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Called them up - price quoted on the XHA11 (typo - supposed to be XHA10) is wrong and should be around £5250 with VAT - the commercial model is the XCA10/11/12 and runs a little less (but isn't really suitable for home use). The prices apparently reflect Fujitsu incentives on the outgoung range (5004) and are no longer available.

In London, Harrods also has one of these (the XHA10) to view.

16. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  17. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch, thats £800 more than advertised! I dont think that my budget could stretch that far, so I guess a the 433mxe will be quite nice enough for me :) I'll still take a peek in selfridges though, I might be tempted to save up some more instead!