Pioneer 433mxe Faulty screen (pic) LOOK!!

cbx1000z

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi to all AV people,
Newbie so be nice, lol, :hiya:
Have been given a pio 433mxe which the psu has gone POP..( have read all the stories on here about pioneer have no problems in uk but america 433cmx they replace psu FOC ...same pdp!!!)Have researched here and ebay and a psu board is about £120 on ebay.
Several months later i acquired another one which was good and the screen was trashed, so took psu out and put it in mine and the pdp lights up (Green LED on front) and goes but the picture is wrong (see photo). Have sound but no proper picture. So have all the boards to swap over. The "new" psu board buzzes which comes from the middle transformer in the center of the other photo.
CAN ANYONE DIAGNOSE THIS PLEASE????:lease:
I am near Liverpool and if anyone can get this going they can have all the other parts remaining for postage costs.
Cheers Mike

Attachments

• 100_9881.jpg
    100_9881.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_9880.jpg
    100_9880.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 275
Hi,
From your picture it would appear you have a scan IC failure these are on the the screen ribbons and plug into the Y drive PWB. it could be the Y drive but unlikly you will need a good soldering iron to replace them.

Thanks for the reply Plasmarepairs,
Hope it's not soldering, not into that, screw driver and change boards thats me.....
Ydrive, is that the YSUS board?
Again Thanks

Hi,
Yes, that is the Y Drive. if you have a DVM Digital volt meter select ohms. on the y-sus look for two test points in the top part called psus and vsus they are quite close together If I remember correctly. put your probes on there while the board is in circuit (still connected) but not turned on if you read a low ohm value a scan IC has failed.

Hi Plasmarepairs,
Okay there was a prob with this thread but now sorted, Mod closed it, can find PSUS but not YSUS contacts see pic dont have dvm yet getting sorted tomorrow (wed). Have changed this board but screen still the same :(.
Cheers Mike
ps anyone else like to input?? 70+ views

sorry forgot to add photo

Attachments

• 100_9890.jpg
    100_9890.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 108
Hi Mike,
You need to look for VSUS not YSUS but you can check between VH and PSUS both points can be seen in your last picture.

Attachments

• 100_9890.jpg
    100_9890.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Thanks again Plasma,
Will get a DVM tomorrow hopefully, last post i did mean vsus typo error. Have found VH so will check tomorrow if DVM turns up and let you know the outcome.
Could it be ribbons or other connectors as i have tried two YSUS boards and have the same screen? just a thought.
Cheers again and thanks Mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom