1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433mxe and video cards??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TopMeTom, May 10, 2003.

1. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi after doing tons of research into buying a plasma(i'm thinking of the panny or pio)I was wondering if there is a difference in video cards for the pioneer and if I get one what card to get with it?:confused:

Just when you think youve made a decision,ANOTHER,question pops up!!!

Cheers,

Phil

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi phil,

It depends on what you want to input at the moment, or what you think you might need in the next year or two. The standard Pioneer PDA-5002 card includes a DVI (non-HDCP compliant) input, an S-video and a composite video input. These are in addition to the VGA and 5 BNC sockets on the plasma which can be configured for component as long as a video card is installed.

If you are interested in a DVD player with DVI input, you may want to consider the new Aurora A303-HDCP which you would need for the upcoming Samsung HD931, out next month in the US. This player will scale the output signal up to 720p or 1080i to give you a pure digital path from DVD to plasma. There is also the Key Digital PIO768P card which includes two DVI-HDCP inputs aswell as two component inputs plus others. Future HD-DVD players will more than likely have DVI-HDCP or HDMI outputs. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. tonymccandless

tonymccandless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Phil

Small word of warning. These cards can be very expensive. £1600+ for the latter one.

I will be waiting for DVI enabled players becoming standard before investing.

Madness=£3k for screen and £1600 for a card to go in it.

Q: Is it £1600 worth of improvement ?

T