Pioneer 433HDE Help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by phaigh, Aug 21, 2004.

1. phaigh

phaigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I just got my 433 HDE second-hand from a friend, and am having a couple of weird things happening, wondering if anyone else has the same problems.

1. I have connected the DVD player to the media box via the Component inputs I can watch DVD on channel 6 (which I mapped to INPUT 3), but INPUT 3 is always greyed out on the INPUT select menu (top right hand of remote control).

2. When watching SKY via numerical channels (Channel 5 - mapped to INPUT 1) the sound will often cut out (via the optional under-plasma speaker). However, switch to INPUT 1 via the select menu (top right of remote) it never happens.

3. When watching DVDs via channel 6, the channel logo (top right of screen) occasionally appears (it says 6, DVD, Mono) which is werid. It seems to be pretty random and sometimes happens a lot and sometimes only occasionally happens..

4. Buzzing! IT seems that when the screen gets hot (after it's been on for a while) a buzzing noise comes from the panel - the frequency/loudness is directly proportional to the amount of white on the screen - All white -loud - all black - no noise. This doesn't happen all the time - sometimes from power-on, sometimes after 3-4 hours.

5. Last one, promise... :) Are John Lewis warranty's transferrable when you buy something 2nd hand that was bounght from JL? I have the original receipts, but I didn't personally buy it from them.

Cheers,

Paul.

2. phaigh

phaigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No-one?

:(

3. tradesman

tradesman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get the m8 you bought it from to contact JLs the warranty was given in his name let him sort it for you no problem

regards tradesman

4. phaigh

phaigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey!, Thanks for the post.

Aaah, tricky, since he's migrated to canada, so I'm kinda on my own.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the plasma, I was really thinking that it's probably a configuration issue on my end... but perhaps it's not - hence the post.

Cheers,

Paul.

5. thebigkung

thebigkung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. phaigh

phaigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I mean is that I have Channel 5 set to Decoder - Input 1, Channel 6 set to Decoder - Input 3.

Does that make sense?

Paul.

7. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure how helpful this might be, as I have a 504HDE rather than a 433HDE, but I have noticed that when you map an Input onto one of the channels (i.e. Input 1 to Channel 6) and then view Channel 6 it does not display it in the preset format of Input 1 (e.g. Input 1 is my SKY+ box set to RGB on both SKY box and Plasma, but when viewed on Channel 6 it does not display in RGB mode - the yellow lines in the SKY Guide/Menu shimmer - which is what you would expect if the SKY Box and/or Plasma were set to PAL/Video mode.

Mike