Pioneer 433 MXE and HDMI

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by wisgb, Jul 1, 2005.

1. wisgb

wisgb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been running a 433 MXE for a few years now and I'm very happy with it. Even the wife loves it.. :smashin:

However, I'd like to improve the picture quality. Starting with a better DVD player.

from my initial research, HDMI looks like the way to go, however, I'm of he understanding that the 433 MXE doesn't support HDMI/HCMP.

Are there any terminal boards or external modules that could connect the the DVI connector, available (That work) that will allow an HDMI connection?

I know this is a broader question, but what would be the best way forward to future proof my setup? Would it involve replacing my plasma with a current model?

Cheers

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,126
    wisgb

There are a few products around that enable an HDCP encoded digital signal to be connected to a non HDCP Digital input - not strictly legal and likely to disappear at some point but they are around.

There's no reason to ditch your MXE at this time - most of what's around is evolutionary rather than revolutionary; I'd wait until affordable 1080P panels arrive.

I'd also advocate one or both of the following: 01. Have your Display properly calibrated to ensure your seeing it at its best and 02. Adding an external Video Processor to your set-up if you want to improve the picture processing across all of your video inputs.

Best regards

Joe

3. wisgb

wisgb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for your update. I actually bought my 433 from yourself. I also bought an AVIA set up disc and that made all the difference to the picture. I was going to get Gordon to come out and set it up, but I'm so pleased with the results from the avia disk that I don't think I need too?

I guess I'll just have to wait until al this good technology is freely available before upgrading.

Interestingly, If I buy a US Xbox, or get my UK boxed chipped, they can output HD at 1080p, will my 433 be able to display this through the componant in?

Cheers

Steve

(wisgb)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Steve, I have a client who has a Samsung DVI DVD player that works well with the MXE, I think HDCP is not the only problem with digital on MXE pioneers, they only take PC resolutions, not video ones, so any old HDMI player and a stripper just won't work. The component inputs certainly will with HD from any component source, it should be a fairly spectacular difference too. Joe, correct me if I'm wrong on the DVI bit, I'm sure it won't take 720p for instance.