Pioneer 433 - cant record in hi-speed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by djbone, Mar 16, 2006.

1. djbone

djbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I just got a Pioneer 433 which is great, but I'm not able to dub to DVD-RW at high speed.

I have several things recorded in XP+ quality in Video Mode on the HDD. I'm trying to record even small items which I know should fit on the blank 120-min Sony DVD-RW I'm using and it comes up with ""cannot copy at high-speed in video mode", and the recording has to be done in realtime. The manual states the ONLY Video Mode supports hi-speed dubbing to DVDR (the progs were also recorded to the HDD in Video Mode from Sky+)

Strangely, in the Initial Setup menus, the HDD Recording option is greyed out, though you can see it IS set to Video Mode.

Hope this is making sense to someone - I dont understand why I cant do hi-speed dubbing as I'm doing everything the manual says I need to do use hi-speed. Naturally this is a major problem - I really dont want to do all my DVD recording in realtime.

Can anyone help?

cheers
    Lee

2. Hkan

Hkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When copying XP+ quality to a DVD-R(W) you have to do this in 1x speed

EDIT: see manual page 39 (right down at the end of the page) and 64 (section Copy to DVD disc)

3. djbone

djbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    ah right, thanks hkan. so the moral is dont record in XP+ for anything but archiving :)

is it possible to change the quality of a recording once its been done?

4. Hkan

Hkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can change the quality when you copy it to a DVD-R(W).
    But theres no way to change the quaity while its resting on the HDD.
    See page 65 in manual.