1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 43" Quandry

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NewToyForXmas, Jul 20, 2005.

1. NewToyForXmas

NewToyForXmas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What have I done - having narrowed my 42" plasma choice down to the PD7200 and PV500, I have now gone and had the Pioneer 43" thrown into the picture.

I was all set to buy the PD7200, having seen all 3 in JL the other day and not being able to really tell much difference - I didn't have a demo, just a mooch around the displays. The PD7200 is a nice looking unit and was going to sit it on a beautiful BIGA 200 stand that someone put a picture up of on another forum. But then having had my BIGA 200 dreams shattered by a quote of £1,109 + VAT, I've started to think about wall mounting. And if I want to wall mount then really I want a tuner box, don't I? Less cables to bury and all that.

So, what do people think about the Pioneer 43"? It seems to be rated as the daddy by the magazines but they don't always tell the whole story. I watch a lot of sport and DVD's. Also, there seems to be different models - XDE, HDE? What are the differences?

Also, what is the going rate for them? And as a general question (regardless of which one I go for), what do I need to demonstrate to JL to get them to price match as their 5 year warranty is very appealing.

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If you search the forum you will see that most non pio owners bang on about the poor blacks and the poor pq on digi and sky, most owners however will tell you how happy they are with theirs, me included. :smashin:

The xde basically is the top of the range with digi tuner and better conectivity for a pc. Prices are around £2500 I think,although you will have to buy speakers if you don't have an avsystem, The new 6 series is out Sept time, no prices but the 5 series will be getting discounted further I presume as the new one arrives.

As you will read time and time again, go to a good av shop if you can and demo the sets and look at the one you prefer as far as looks and more importantly picture quality and budget.

hope this helps

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Previously had a panny6 and that was very good with the contrast and black levels. The pio doesn't have the black levels but gives a far better, realistic, natural picture - on a par, IMO, with the panny PV500.

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    I have had a Panny PW6, then a 435xde and now a Panny HD6.

The Pioneer comes last for me, but others love it. I don't think you can really go wrong with either.