Pioneer 428XD still worth it...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by RAINS, Sep 3, 2012.

1. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am currently in the process of wall mounting the above out of the reach of my 2 year old daughter and post the changes i was considering having it calibrated.

The majority of equipment is connected through a pioneer VSX -LX51 receiver i.e. bluray, PS3, XBox 360, Wii using Mark Grant cabling with TIVO and a Mac Mini (DVI - HDMI) being connected direct to the TV so using all 3 HDMI ports

Will i still benefit from calibration even though my bluray is through the receiver and can i calibrate a TIVO and Mac Mini?

Any recommendations on who's the best guru for this set up is appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,096
    Yes its worth doing. I still get asked to do a fair amount of pioneer 8g and 9g's and they calibrate well. No complaints from those i've done it for.

All the devices would be calibrated to same standards and the fact you have tivo and mac mini on secondary inputs would allow you to optimise any discrepancies between them and the other sources....but i'd think if there are any they are likely to be small.

Gordon

3. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks Gordon, i've read some of your comments with regards calibration over the years with regards the Pioneers and know you had dealings with them. Would this be a job you'd consider.... i am based in Birmingham right by the airport?

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,096
    I cover all of UK, as do many other calibrators. Calibration is a cyclical business you know. Back in 2003-2006 ish virtually all the plasma's I calibrated were Panasonic and Pioneer commercial monitors. Then Pioneer brought out the 6g..and i did a few of them...then the 7g and they started to get much more popular...then when the 8G's came out i was doing hardly any panasonic commercial monitors and no Pioneer commercial monitors. Nowadays I do occassional Panasonic commercial monitors, occassional 8G,9G and KRP's....and tons of Panasonic domestic plasmas. At some point I'm sure something will take over from them.

5. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks Gordon. Ive sent you an email with regards price etc let me know if it suits or if not who you can recommend

Regards