Pioneer 428XD Retailer Price Cartel ?

glugwine

After deciding to go online to order my new Pioneer 428XD I had to have a chuckle to myself after seeing the prices;

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl...price&sortcolumnid=total_price&previous=group

I know its a new model but to have so many merchants/retailers selling at exactly the same price looks odd......I'll think I'll wait a few days and see if one of them decides to beat the competition:D

I mean they cannot all be working on the same margin or buying them from Pioneer at the same price - can they:confused:

CHFels

Well, Pioneer might be selling to all of them at the same wholesale price.

But if you want to be scandalized and link the Pioneer name with "unfair practices", check out the prices of the 4280 on U.S. websites. :devil:

CHFels

MonkeySting

Price comparison websites like Kelkoo don't just help consumers find the best price. They also help suppliers choose a price point.

glugwine

Well, Pioneer might be selling to all of them at the same wholesale price.

But if you want to be scandalized and link the Pioneer name with "unfair practices", check out the prices of the 4280 on U.S. websites. :devil:

CHFels

I see what you mean, however after deciding on the 428 I also realize that the damned thing needs a stand at another £200:eek:

The Panasonic 42" X700 with pedestel at £1150 seems too good to miss against the £1750 for the 428 (with stand). I know everyone is saying what a great TV the Pioneer is and I even have the missus saying get one but Ive seen them both and I thought they both gave a good account of themselves.

D

Deleted member 209349

I see what you mean, however after deciding on the 428 I also realize that the damned thing needs a stand at another £200:eek:

The Panasonic 42" X700 with pedestel at £1150 seems too good to miss against the £1750 for the 428 (with stand). I know everyone is saying what a great TV the Pioneer is and I even have the missus saying get one but Ive seen them both and I thought they both gave a good account of themselves.

why not get the pdp-4280xd?
slightly cheaper with a stand but doesn’t come with ISF calibration modes but a sound alternative unless u want to pay an extra £200 - 300 getting in professionally calibrated

can get 4280xd with 5 year warranty and dvd recorder for £1549 from musthave100.co.uk

theres a thread about prices and reviews from such companies

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom