PIONEER 428XD and HDMI

20NEO

Standard Member
Hello everyone!

I own a Pio 428 xd since august. I'm pleased with it, as I expected. But I have currently two doubts: 1. I get tv from a decoder here in Portugal that has a hdmi out as well as scart. When using hdmi connection, and watching sd, I mean 4:3 broadcasts, I can't get a "normal" picture, if I don't choose 4:3, the other options are too large or distorted. If I use the decoder's scart output, I' m able too choose a 14:9 image, that doesn't change too much the picture and doesn't mess with subtitles, either. Is this caused only by the hdmi connection, that doesn' allow a 14:9 image? because when I get (only a few) hd broadcast I find no problems at all, the picture fills up the screen.
(by the way, I don't seem to be able to access the menu service to get black masks, instead of grey and I followed instructions, anybody why?).
2. I hooked my tosb laptop with a hdmi cable to Pio, and I got amazed: the 1280x800 usual resolution of the laptop ati2600 hd, changes to 800x600, and I can't do anything to change it!
An I can't get rid of win vista toolbar. Any suggestions, pls?

Thanks very much

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom