• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 4280xd & sky HD changing between wide & full modes?

FaxFan2002

Hopefully the title says it, but basically when watching sky HD on my Pioneer 4280xd it keeps changing between standard wide and standard full causing a black screen for a couple of seconds. Any ideas??

The full setup is

Sky HD -> Onkyo 805 -> Pioneer

Thanks.

Siochain

Hopefully the title says it, but basically when watching sky HD on my Pioneer 4280xd it keeps changing between standard wide and standard full causing a black screen for a couple of seconds. Any ideas??

The full setup is

Sky HD -> Onkyo 805 -> Pioneer

Thanks.
This happens on my sky hd box when switching from A hd channel to a standard def channel if sky hd resolution options are set to automatic, is this what you're seeing, I have a Pio 5090 but I don't know if that would be any help with regard to picture mode settings as it's a different model

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Could someone post there settings for the 4280xd in respect of changing modes etc. ?
I am not sure what settings you mean. I have auto size at wide-zoom, Sky HD direct to tv and outputting fixed at 1080i. No problems.

FaxFan2002

I've disabled auto-size, it just happens, seemingly, randomly in the middle of program. So right now watching the hotel program and in the past 30 minutes it was swapped between modes full -> wide -> full causing a black screen for a few seconds 5 times! This could be in the middle of scene, so not even at the adverts or swapping between scenes.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Good for you. that would really annoy me.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom