pioneer 427xda--faint vertical lines during pans

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tarky, Sep 16, 2007.

1. tarky

tarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey all...i've had a pioneer 427xda for a couple of months now and i've started to notice very faint vertical lines going down the screen that are the most visible during camera pans while a light image is on screen. (also during sport) Is this a fault or am i just being fussy? I got the pioneer tech to look at it and he said it was normal but i'm not so sure.
    Also, when the tv is looked at in sunlight while being turned off there is a ripple effect going through the screen, not sure if thats normal or not either....
    any advice would be great!!!

2. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Unfortunatley this is normal on a 427. What you are describing is called the dirty screen effect. It is well documented on this forum.
    Yours is probably a mild case if you've only just started noticing it.
    These 2 faults have been cured with the new 8 series screens.
    Good luck in getting any joy out of Pioneer!

3. tarky

tarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm good to see it's been fixed on the new models.....any chance of pioneer swaping it over with a new one? hehe

4. DISCODV

DISCODV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I was also getting the faint lines, try changing your Pure Cinema setting - it worked for me!!!

5. avfr3ak

avfr3ak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13

While "dirty screen" is a typical effect in the 7th generation Pioneers, it´s by no means normal and is certainly a fault. You retailer should offer a repair or, if it is not possible, a replacement. Read the "Pioneer dirty screen poll thread". Many people noticed the fault only after amonth or two, so it is perfectly possible that it generated gradually. Whatever your case, contact your dealer.