Pioneer 427XD how to 'run-in'?

Puja

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread on here that explains how to do the 'run-in' for this particular Pioneer model? The sticky only refers to the older models...or is it the same for the 427xd as well?

Thanks for your help,
Puja

I used the similar settings to those posted in the Pio XDE FAQ thread. The settings i used for my 427xd are posted in the following thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433402

I have now finished the run in, i have seen no signs of screen burn or retention. I have now adjusted the settings for better PQ and have been watching closely for signs of retention, but have not seen any. PQ is great now the i've made few changes.

Is there a thread on here that explains how to do the 'run-in' for this particular Pioneer model? The sticky only refers to the older models...or is it the same for the 427xd as well?

Thanks for your help,
Puja

Just take sharpness down to -5 colour to - 10 contrast to 25-30, then set colour temp to mid-low and you'll be fine. This is about the right settings after run in, just go from like this from day 1.

There are ather settings but start like this.

Contrast is the only setting that you need to be worried about to avoid screen burn / retention during the run-in period.

I would go a bit lower with contrast, probably 20 initially.

and how long should the RUN-IN period last?

thanks in advance.

around 200 hours of the screen being on, althouh some pioneer bods have been heard to say 1000 hours

so 100h and counting :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom