• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 427XD how to 'run-in'?

Puja

Standard Member
Is there a thread on here that explains how to do the 'run-in' for this particular Pioneer model? The sticky only refers to the older models...or is it the same for the 427xd as well?

Thanks for your help,
Puja

VKara101

Established Member
I used the similar settings to those posted in the Pio XDE FAQ thread. The settings i used for my 427xd are posted in the following thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433402

I have now finished the run in, i have seen no signs of screen burn or retention. I have now adjusted the settings for better PQ and have been watching closely for signs of retention, but have not seen any. PQ is great now the i've made few changes.

Bumtious

Banned
Is there a thread on here that explains how to do the 'run-in' for this particular Pioneer model? The sticky only refers to the older models...or is it the same for the 427xd as well?

Thanks for your help,
Puja

Just take sharpness down to -5 colour to - 10 contrast to 25-30, then set colour temp to mid-low and you'll be fine. This is about the right settings after run in, just go from like this from day 1.

There are ather settings but start like this.

Piers

Established Member
Contrast is the only setting that you need to be worried about to avoid screen burn / retention during the run-in period.

I would go a bit lower with contrast, probably 20 initially.

martin_ezz

Standard Member
and how long should the RUN-IN period last?

thanks in advance.

Leigh_1973

Established Member
around 200 hours of the screen being on, althouh some pioneer bods have been heard to say 1000 hours

martin_ezz

Standard Member
so 100h and counting :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom