• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pioneer 4270xd

busybee1

Standard Member
Hi people,can anyone help me on how i can see hours on this set,as a friend is selling his one,and i may want to buy it from him.also can you send me a link on the settings the tv should be.

thanks

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
i'd get a 428 if i were you. plasma took a giant step forward with the introduction of kuro tech. i had a 427, poor ish blacks and prone to image retention. i went up to a 508 xd, then a krp. the 8th gen screens are still very very good. even if the 42's were onlt 768 panels, it don't matter, they rocked.

busybee1

Standard Member
i'd get a 428 if i were you. plasma took a giant step forward with the introduction of kuro tech. i had a 427, poor ish blacks and prone to image retention. i went up to a 508 xd, then a krp. the 8th gen screens are still very very good. even if the 42's were onlt 768 panels, it don't matter, they rocked.
Thanks so you think its not worth buying then,how much would you pay for a 427.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't. I'd get a 428. I had one, the 8's are miles better.

Kev12

I sold mine on here about 2 and a half years ago, for £400 IIRC

So I'd say about £250-300 max.

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
And for a couple of hundred quid more you could buy a much better second hand screen. The 427 is very prone to image retention and as i sadi, the blacks are nowhere near kuro level. It's a nice tv the 427, but totally outclassed by the 428.

Kev12

Totally agree about the 428 being the better.

Image retention wasn't a problem on my 427 tho, Dirty Screen was.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I got both mate ! I maybe could lived with retention a little, but the tv went back after a week. green flashes on the old games side of things were unlivable with. My 508 was miles better in all respects. They really should've made a 429. Why oh why could they not have been saved ! :(

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Only if you can get another 100-200 quid and find a 428. See what others think, but that's what i'd do. There really was a big leap in tv tech when kuro came along.

Kev12

Thanks for all your replies,he wants £425 for it,
so you think i should give it a miss.

Like I said, I sold mine about 2 1/2 years ago for £400.

That was the going rate or slightly cheaper, on the classifieds here, so I'd say £425 was too much.
Like Ozzzy says, for a bit more cash you could buy a 428 or a brand new 1080p Samsung or LG, with a warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom