Pioneer 4270 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mortgage wizard, May 8, 2007.

1. mortgage wizard

mortgage wizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We are seriously considering buying this model as the 427 is not available at Currys or Comet anymore. We need to buy from one of these stores as we are going to live in Spain and they are the only stores that offer a worldwide extended warranty.

We are concerned about this model only having one HDMI connection. We will probably be getting SKY HD and then maybe a blue ray DVD player. We presume that the blue ray DVD player will have to be linked via the component connection which we have been told is as close to HD quality as possible. Has anyone done this and is it right?

We are also thinking of a Panasonic instead which does have 2 or 3 HDMI's but again the TH42X600 model is starting to go out of stock with these two stores

We need to make a decision shortly as we will be leaving the UK soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GUNJAM

GUNJAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HDMI isn't a problem if you've got up-to-date receiver, that's an added expensive however. It may also be worth noting that Pioneer just updated their website regarding the new teles they've got coming out this year. You might want to hang on till they're released, to either get one of the new models, or the old ones cheap when they become obsolete.

http://pioneer.co.uk/uk/campaign/products/projectkuro.html

3. VKara101

VKara101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a planet somewhere in the depths of the universe
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi, i'm an owner of a 427xd, have had mine since November 2006 and all i can say is that its an excellent piece of kit. Connecting up via HDMI or Component is not going to make much of a difference in PQ, theres always the big debate about one being better than the other. I've used both on my tv and with the same source, IMO there is not much difference between the HDMI and component.

If the pio is not the one you decide to go for then i'd really recommend taking a look at the panasonic px70, i've just got one of these recently as a second tv. Its also a very good set, costs less than the pio and has 2xHDMI, I don't think you can really go wrong with it or the pio. If you want to hold out a little longer, the new pios out soon. But not sure as to exactly which price range they will be hitting.

Either way, your doing the right thing and looking at two of the best plasma manufacturers on the market.

Good luck with your purchase. :thumbsup: