1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 420h dvd/hd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davyuk, Apr 4, 2005.

1. davyuk

davyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.

Could you please tell me how to connect m pioneer 420H DVD/HD recorder to sharp video and Hitatci TV without getting either a faint yellowy strip down the right side or else other channels bleeding through faintly mainl when the credits roll on the other channels. It does not stop me watching it but can be annoying. TV has RGB and AV1/2.

Many people may think that I am a dimwit and I would agree with them.

Many thanks

David. :lease:

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It's interesting U should mention the faint overlay/interference of other channels. I have a 420 and I have started to notice this as well. It's starting to annoy me now. Anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if it's a cabling problem as I'm using good quality cables all-round.

aerial in
    SCART in from Pace ntl: STB
    svideo/audio IN [front panel] from Sony Freeview
    SCART out to Sagem HD-D45 TV

Watching Freeview or ntl: directly and no interference, switch to the DVDR and often I see the interference, very faint usually but sometimes quite a bit more noticeable.

3. system11

system11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one of these at the weekend - just checked, I'm seeing an interesting version of the problem. Text is ghosted up and to the left as well as appearing properly. What's really interesting is that it actually records this interference.

What's even more interesting is that I fed it a different 50hz RGB signal (usually it's a Pace NTL box) and the main problem went away, although the slight left/right ghosting remained.

Ugh - I wish I hadn't read this thread now, I never would have noticed ;-)

Maybe it's time to return it and ask to exchange it for one of the Panasonics?

4. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm not sure what the source is, but it looks more like analogue interference from the aerial in to me. What I find odd is that I can't find what channel it is. The other night I had it on the disc navigator screen and I could clearly see golf scorecards but it didn't match the golf coverage on BBC1 at the same time. I have Freeview as well as ntl: so I suppose it could have been one of the interactive freeview channels.

5. system11

system11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fixed the problem I was having by removing the SCART switcher and swapping around my cables a bit. Strange. I also plugged all the aerial wires in, tuned the channels properly and set all the rest to 'off' in the channels list. Before, it had been picking the problem up even without any feed or tuning - I can't explain why any of this should be the case unless it's actually an issue in the Pace box instead.

Another thing I noticed by the way, if you're using one of the NTL Pace boxes, put the TV out into the DVD Recorder, not the VCR out one - the latter isn't using RGB, regardless of what you set the menu to.

Of course, with all the above, I -think- the problem has gone away, but it might just be that I'm not seeing it anymore instead ;-)

6. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I will have to fiddle with my cabling and experiment. Some days I don't notice it at all which is why I still think it's analogue interference in my case.