Pioneer 420dvr Recording Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fred the ted, Jan 27, 2005.

1. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a NTL digital box connected to DVR (L1)via scart. When recording on the hard disc on terrestial channels, in order to watch NTL whilst recording is in progress I can activate 'scart through' via +button on DVR facia.
    I can then access the NTL signal.

However I noticed last night this feature does not work whilst recording terrestial Channel 5 via DVD disc and attempting to watch football on NTL.

I hurriedly had to cancel DVD recording to HDD before I could operate 'scart through'.

Is this normal or am I again doing something stupid? Is there also a way to do this via remote control?

Cheers.

2. captainpacific

captainpacific

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    If you can connect a second SCART from your NTL box directly to the TV, you could watch the NTL channel by selecting the appropriate ext on the TV, while the DVD recorder would get on with recording your terrestrial channel programme.

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Would it not be better to record to HDD? Then if you want a DVD version copy to DVD; also if it's a commercial channel you can edit out the commercials before copying.
    And the scart-through would be OK.

4. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your replies and I will use both options as & when necc.