1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 420 query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wharfman, Nov 28, 2004.

1. wharfman

wharfman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one- am well impressed so far. Just wanted to check with folks who have one- if the 'clicking' noise when using the HDD for recording and simultaneous playback is normal. There's nothing when it is a straight playback on either that or dvd- just seems to be when it 'working at something'.

Many Thanks

2. Mikey45

Mikey45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - my Pioneer 720 does the same thing when using ChasePlay on the hard disk.

It isn't actually that loud but you can hear it in the background. I'm sure that it's the disk heads having to move slightly backwards and forwards during ChasePlay to lay down the new data and go back to the beginning of the same track to read it for simultaneous playback. I guess we're just working the poor little thing that much harder in this mode!

Have you tried ChasePlay on the DVD-RW yet - I haven't but imagined that ought to be quieter.
    Mike

3. bazzag

bazzag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have the clicking sound when watching in Chase mode. I was going to take mine back tomorrow but now I assume its a 'feature'!!! I got mine today from COMET and got them to knock it down to 369 rather than 399. Although Im gutted I brought it without realising it was not Multi-Region!

Do any of you guys know ahack or mod to get it multo region. Also Im a bit miffed I cant copy any of my DVD collection to the HDD for ease of viewing, due to all the copyright protection. Any idea of a work round?

I have tried an external DVD player linked up to it via Scart and composite but the CopyProtection signal is still getting through! I have heard of a scart cable that can cloak the signal. I dont want to know how to do it to rob anyone, I just want to get regularly watched DVDs on the HDD!!

Hope you can help,

Baz