1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 370, is it a noisey machine?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cirdan, Oct 22, 2004.

1. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i got one of these earlier this week. and straight away i noticed it was a bit noisey. i know there is some noise when a disk is playing but i could hear this even when there was a bit going on onscreen. i got about ten minutes into troy when i had to stop, not because the noise was really loud but because it was there all the time. so i turned the t.v. off and the amp and just listened to the player, it was quite noisey. i thought maybe it might have been because the player was new, but i can still hear it after using the player for around 8 hours.

i have since listened to my old toshiba which had a slight noise but not too bad, a proline at work which was very quiet, and a friends pioneer 360 which was also quite quiet. i had a cambrige audio for about a year previously and dont remember any loud sounds when that played a disk, if it did i would have noticed it.

im just looking for any ideas before i get back in touch with the shop.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    It appears that both Pioneer's newest budget models (575 & 370) are much noiser than their predecessors. :thumbsdow

I have the 350 and it is totally silent.

3. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thats a pain. i dont expect them to be totally silent, but i could hear it going on all the way through the film.

i listened to a friends cyberhome player i think it is and that was also silent. i dont really want to change the player as i like it and there is nothing really wrong with it, if thats what they are like, but i dont want that sound every time i watch a film. anyone know of a quiet machine around he same price.

4. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a cyberhome that is sometimes noisey but it's down to the disk spinning, some media makes a racket and others are fine. Is it the actual mechanism or a vibration sound?

5. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i thought about it being a disk problem, i have a few disks that are noisey but they always have been.

this week i have tried several new films, and ones i know work fine, my lord of the rings disks for example have played very well on a few different players, so i ruled out the disks as being the problem.

also my telly makes a bit of noise know and then so i turned that off so all that was playing was the dvd player, i tried scart lead etc fine. i dont know what is inside a dvd player so i cant be more specific, but when the disk is playing both loading up and playing a film i can hear it. the action, it playing the disk.

as i have said its not very loud but compared to the other players i have tried this week its very noticeable even when watching a film, i just wanted a bit of advice, could the player be faulty or as has been said is this player noisey in which case id look to exchange. i have used a pioneer 360 last week and that was ok.

6. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    My 470 makes a noise when it's zipping about the disc but once you're watching it's not noticable and i'm about 2m away from the player.

7. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thats how i thought it should be, as it is loading the disk up or searching through it i would expect a bit of noise, my old cambridge made a bit of noise but the second the film started it went off, this is carrying on throughout the whole film, as i said ive tried a lot of disks over the past week so i think i will give the shop a ring.

i sit about 6 feet away and its quite obvious, just annoying to be honest as it lasts as long as the disk im watching.