Pioneer 360 5.1 surround sound system?

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pioneer HTP-GS1 Xbox 360 Surround Sound System

htpgs1_detailpage.jpg

link here

Get the sound that game-makers want you to hear.

Designed for exclusive use with your X-Box 360, the HTS-GS1 features a robust subwoofer-receiver, five satellite speakers and a separate display.

It’s the perfect match – sharing the both the look as well as the control buttons of the Xbox. When combined, the Xbox 360 and HTS-GS1 feel – and look – like one complete system.

The HTS-GS1 delivers studio-quality surround sound in your home – optimised for your unique living room conditions, too. Using our proprietary Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration system, the HTS-GS1 will accurately optimise and tune the sound output according to your living room layout. So you’re guaranteed the best sound – regardless of the size of your living room or where you have placed your speakers.

Anyone seen this out yet?

Or seen a price for it?

Release date is August.

There was a thread about this a while back.

I'm quite interested in this as I want a decent sound system for where my 360 is without breaking the bank. I am looking forward to reading some reviews about it...:thumbsup:

Tasty piece of kit that is too - I only recently bought a surround sound kit but they're floor-standers and to be brutally honest they're a right royal pain in the rear end.

Satellites would be great for our room set up, love the display as well - I wonder how much it'll be though, my Mrs is canny and knows how much this kind of kit costs! :suicide:

Actually, scrub that last comment - just found a link... £299 this system will set you back.

Logitech and Creative get some good reviews with systems ranging from £100-£250.

I think a few people on here have a Logitech Z-5500 and rate it highly. I was looking at getting this or the 5450 but I am in no rush to get it and think I'll wait untill the Pioneer is out and compare the three...:thumbsup:

Actually, just had a look on Overclockers and they're some really cheap systems [£40-ish] but don't know how good a sound they will give you.

i think the shop retail price is £379.99...........quite steep:eek:

CAFCmatt said:
Anyone know of a more affordable decent 5.1 set up one could get???

more affordable? for an amp 5 speakers and sub???

you may find affordable but it will be rubbish.

weird this.......I've got the Pioneer DCS-340 and it looks very similar to that...apart from there are floor standers with mine which are supposed to be at the front......which are now at the back after constructive arguments at home.....

the sound is probs similar too...

Pile

Geezer said:

Well I was thinking for about £200 tbh

Geezer said:

Depends what someone's needs are really, doesn't it?

If you're used to a separates system and regularly updating Kefs and Missions then yeah, you might think that.

For the non-audiophile spending between £200-£300 on a half-decent surround setup should get them a sound that suits their tastes and budget.

oasismark said:
Anyone seen this out yet?
Or seen a price for it?
Release date is August.

It was just released here in Singapore last week,
retailing at SGD$699, which is $30 more expensive than a premium xbox 360

it really looks good though; the center unit you see in the picture below is actually a LED display

anyone got hold of one of these yet?
any other release information come about?

Have you got Gears of war then? (its in your gamer profiule pic!)

you have youve already unlocked achievments!
Is it as good as they say.
Mines pre-ordered for tomorrow. (The mortal mans release day in UK)

My missis bought this for an early xmas prezzie(she is a legend!!)
she got it from digico.co.uk i think for about £280

i have to say its a brilliant system and goes well with the 360
heres a LINK to some pics of my set up!!!

Just noticed your signiture mate, class pure class!:rotfl:

Back on topic, can this also be used as a normal surround sound system for a DVD player etc?

Any chance of seeing the connections at the back of it?:thumbsup:

ill take a pic of the connections tonight if i get a chance but as i remember it has 2 optical 1 coax and red/white stereo.
it will work with anything not only the Xbox 360

ill take a pic of the connections tonight if i get a chance but as i remember it has 2 optical 1 coax and red/white stereo.
it will work with anything not only the Xbox 360

Nuclear, what do you think of the actual sound quality?

Have you used it with films & if so, is the speech clear, is the bass substantial & generally how loud is it?

Well I went ahead and ordered this - price wise it's £269-99 at play.com, free delivery.

Empire Direct sell it even cheaoer - around £235, but postage is steep to IOM so i opted to get from Play. Amazon have it listed for £299-99 delivered.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom