1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 350 versus Toshiba 220

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by omar, Feb 21, 2003.

1. omar

omar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a Pioneer 350 from Richersounds on the salesmans recommendation, as he said it was a better player through my Sony 32 FX66 through scart as the Sony does not have component, in which case the Toshiba would probably be better.
    Still not sure although have just watched 51st State and could not fault the player, wondering if I should swop for the Toshiba and if it has more usefull functions, performance, sound etc.

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I think the Pioneer equivalent product to compare with the Toshiba 220 is the DV-454 and not the DV-350

3. norbert

norbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Omar

If you're happy with the player then keep it. However, I get the impression from this post and your previous one that you won't be happy if you stick with the Pioneer (you'll always be thinking 'what if...?'). Which I'm sure we all do.

Bearing in mind you are able to swop it, I think you probably should. I don't think it will cost you any more will it?

I'm not sure whether the Toshiba has more useful functions or not. A check of both websites should tell you that. As for picture and sound, I honestly doubt there will be a massive difference between the two players on a 32" TV (if at all).

Let us know what you decide to do and, if you swop, whether there's any improvement.

Regards

Richard

4. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only difference between the 350 and the 454 as far as i know is that the 454 has both optical and electrical. whereas the 350 only has electrical.
    i have the 350 and am quite happy with it. i too considered the tosh220 at the time of purchase, but went for the 350 in the end.
    for the price i don`t think you can go wrong with either machine.:smashin:

5. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah the only difference is the optical digi output as well as coax.

6. Blofeld

Blofeld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Only difference may be ability to play hybrid/xvcd/svcd/minidvd etc if that interests you. Pioneer is usually much more forgiving of dodgy media. Some stories of toshiba 220 having trouble with RCE discs, haven't investigated though.

www.vcdhelp.com has an area where you can see all features and compatibility of most DVD players in the world, as rated by users, good site

7. cyberman

cyberman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i juts got a 454, she rocks!!!!

multi region via one for all remote too!