Pioneer 313 Noise

denis1501

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I purchased a Pioneer 313 all in one system about a month ago and up to now it's been great.
However for the last few evenings the unit has begun to make a loud buzzing noise when it's been on for a few hours. It's starting to get very annoying not to mention worrying.
My question is: Is this normal??? I've checked all cables etc. and everything is set up and working correctly. But the noise is driving me crazy!
Please help!
regards
Denis.

What you describe as buzzing, could that be fan noise? Its just many systems start up their fan when they get hot and some of these fans can sound a bit buzzy. If so its probably normal for the system and your fan may be a bit noiser than some others. Alternatively it could be a problem in the psu section. Its under guarantee and the buzzing noise sounds annoying so ask for a refund or replacement depending on how much you like the system.

However for the last few evenings the unit has begun to make a loud buzzing noise when it's been on for a few hours. It's starting to get very annoying not to mention worrying

Is the buzzing there all the time or only when muted or when disc is stopped. Do you get it when listening to audio from TV, CD's etc?

My DCS 313 is fine and I've had it now for 7 months but give me a bit more info and I'll see if I can simulate the problem.

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies so far.
The buzzing is there all the time whether I'm using the unit just for tv audio or if I'm playing a dvd. It only starts after a few hours of use so I'd say it's the fan alright. If I mute the unit I hear this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound and it's very annoying.
I guess I'm stuck with it now. But if I had known that it was this noisy I'd never have bought it.
regards
D.

I guess I'm stuck with it now. But if I had known that it was this noisy I'd never have bought it.

You're not stuck with it because it's a problem with the unit itself or the location. All the time I've had my 313, the fan has never come and it is in constant and continuous use. Check that there is plenty of ventilation around the unit and that it's not adjacent to or on top of something that is becoming too hot.

If all that fails, take it back and get a replacement - 313's are not prone to overheating

Hi

I don't own a pioneer but i have heard of many cases where the fan has become louder than usual from dust intake clogging it up. Especially the 313.

I'd get it swapped!

I've had the same problems that you've mentioned denis1501

I brought a 313 in the new year which had a problem with the speakers, it was producing a rather loud humming sound.

I sent it back for a replacement system which not only had the same problem but also this time the fan was constantly on even when the unit wasn't hot and it was producing a really high pitch buzzing sound that made using the system for even short periods unbearable cause it would leave my ears ringing.

I'm really dissapointed in the 313 considering all the praise it gets. I was not too impressed by the picture quality either compared to my 5 year old pioneer dvd player, the picture was kinda soft

In the end I decided to get a refund

The fan is always 'on' on the 313, the noise is the vibration the fan makes on the chassis - If you remove the case and lift the fan out everything goes beutifully quiet! - Unfortunately you cannot disconnect the fan as the unit detects it and shuts down :suicide: The trick is to insulate the fan from vibration and get the case back on without upsetting anything....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom