Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 313 Dolby prologic2 troubles

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Skeeter, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a cut and paste from a email but should give u what u need to help.

Email:
    -------------------
    I have had this pioneer dcs313 u recommended to me earlier for awhile now and im a bit worried about the dolby prologic 2 in particular.

Dvd's sound fine and mint and all that but when i want to listen to Muse on my cd's i have (originals) and try to use dolby prologic 2 i dont seem to beable to get anything form the surrounds I have tryed also on a few other cd's as well.

Is there anyway i can test the DPL2 with a test cd or something or can u recomend a cd that can be heard with DPL2 that i can tell that the DPL2 is working or not.

With cds been played direct from the pio313 i thought DPL2 would be no problem to use. And MUSE cd i have has alot of guitar play and vocals and drums and well most rock type stuff and i thought id get somit like drums or other instruments form the surrounds and the vocals from the front, but no. They just seem to come from the 3 front speakers (centre inc) but i think they all are producing the same sounds and bass is coming alot off them 3 as well.

Cheers.

----

Oh and How do i get it using DPL2 on the tv?

I can get some sound but i dont think its digial coming through cos of the way its setup but I need to know how to get the audio signal from my freeview box to the pioneer 313 to use the digital sound instead of the stereo/mono i think im getting as atm the freeview has the basic line from the freeview to the 2head vhs player and the player is tuned on channel 6 for the freeview and atm the only audio i can get is from the scart to phono lead from the video player to the pio 313 TV in. I thought though that the audio might be able to come throught the normal scart from pio - tv lead as its bi-directional arnt they? Im sure its a 21 pin version scart also.

----

So atm the way i hooked it up for tv sound but i think its not the digial part of signal is

Freeview - Video normal ariel type lead
    Freeview to TV (normal scart to second scart socket)
    Video - Pio (scart -phono but using channel 6 on video) lead
    Pio313 - TV (scart to RGB tv scart socket)

So i have to have tv on av2 for to watch freeview, the pio on TV button

The Video on channel 6 so the audio comes on

The freeview is on.

---

I was thinking about a scart box with audio phono outputs on, but i dunno which one i need or how to set it up.

Advice needed on that note.