pioneer 303 / PAL tv MR query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ali13B, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ali13B

ali13B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About to purchase a Pioneer dcs303 system, but have an oldish TV.

I have checked that the tv is 50/60 Hz converting, but would this Pioneer actually play non-region2 dvds on this set, or is getting a MR version a waste of time without upgrading the tv?

Would be very grateful for any advice on this.

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,986
    I have just purchased(x-mas) a dcs303 system for use in my daughters bedroom. This was a multi-region version from www.homecinemaheaven.co.uk for £349.00 delivered including free quality s-video scart.The 303 is conected to a jvc 14" tv which whilst only 3yrs old is a pal only set, region 1 & 2 discs play fine and in colour.She is very happy with sound and picture quality.
    HCH use there own sprinter software for multiregion and Pal playback of region 1 discs which seems to work, I bought from HCH as theirs was onlywebsite I could find that specified 303 would do multiregion and pal 60 output.Service was excellent ordered online goods with me 2 days later + 3 free dvd on offer at the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Keith Fern