1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 301 remote code?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by StevieC, Jun 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased the Pioneer 301 to go with my Toshiba RX34 and I am well pleased with the unit now that it is set-up and tuned.

The trouble is that now it is set up just the way I want it the only thing I need to do is control the volume. It seems a waste to be juggling around a Toshiba DVD Recorder remote, Sky remote and Pioneer remote when the only thing the Pioneer one is used for is volume control ... so can I program up the Toshiba remote or the Sky remote to work the volume on the Pioneer 301???

Thanks for any advice.

2. dongagon

dongagon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try this I am not sure if this works with normal Sky, it does with my Sky+.

Press TV button

Press SELECT+0 (RED LED should blink twice)

Type 0328 (RED LED should blink twice)

you should now be able to use the up arrow and down arrow to control the amps volume (whilst in TV mode)

If you have a newer SKY+ remote (after completing the above steps)
    PRESS SELECT + 1 (RED LED should blink twice).
    you should now be able to use the volume to control the amps volume (whilst in SKY mode).

Hope it works

:) :)

3. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dongagon ..

Gave it a try but SKY must be different from SKY+ because it doesn't seem to have worked (it's select and RED then 2 flashes for normal SKY).

I did have it set up to work my Panasonic TV and surprisingly inputing the code you gave still works the TV. Not sure if that means it's a similar code or that it doesn't accept 0328?

Do you know if Pioneer has a website that might have the code I need?