Pioneer 220s

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by berliner, Nov 10, 2004.

1. berliner

berliner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a pioneer 220s dvd recorder, well worth it, but when using it in tv mode/monitor mode it does not allow the teletext information to be decoded, it is ok when a satellite receiver is looped through AV2 aand the pioneer is switched off. If it is not recieving the teletext info how can i be sure that the PDC/VPS timer is working.

Anyone else have this problem.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

The DVD Recorder stips off the teletext information, the likely reason is that it is difficult to encode and would detract from the quality of picture.

You should have a PDC/VPS indicator on the deck (possibly not on these models not sure).

If you set a PDC timer recording and it records, then it is working. To be really sure, set the clock to manual and stick it 30 minutes out say, a PDC recording will still record at the correct (real) time.

Regards

Philip

3. berliner

berliner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that it makes sense, as when i set it up for automatic clock time from bbc1 it got the time from the teletext info, not tried a VPS/PDC recording yet as only BBC1, itv and channel 5 seem to register as broadcasting VPS/PDC information on a thomson video recorder which i have.

Could possibly try it on a european satellite channel as most of the german ones broadcast VPS/PDC obviously would need to change the recorders clock to CET.