1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 220 quickie!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by smallblueplanet, Dec 27, 2004.

1. smallblueplanet

smallblueplanet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please (on and Merry Christmas, and I'll have another sherry please!)

I've done a couple of recordings using the timer (oh yes!!) and each time I've had trouble figuring out how to keep watching Sky as the recordings are doing. Is the pass thru button the only way of watching Sky whilst recording a terrestrial channel???

2. smallblueplanet

smallblueplanet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know the answer? :confused:

I wondered if I'd got the scart cables in the right order? Or after reading some of the other Pioneer *20 machine q's it seems to be the way to do it? Seems somewhat an afterthought, not even a button on the handset, or am I not understanding something?

3. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you've misunderstood anything - it's just the way these devices work.

Incidentally I had a 420 for christmas and have found that if copying from the HDD to Disk then I lose pass thru from my NTL box completely ie I can't view the STB output at all.The only workaround I have found is to fit an additional scart splitter unit into the TV scart on the STB and feed a composite signal to a second scart on my TV.

Not easy going with these PVRs!

4. smallblueplanet

smallblueplanet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ohhh, ta.....I'll go get my Heath Robinson book!! ;-)