Pioneer 220 connected to PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by loxley80, Jan 15, 2005.

1. loxley80

loxley80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I've recently bought a Pioneer 220 (and been extremely pleased with it!!) and now want to connect it to my computer so i can use it to record onto DVD (my PC doesn't have a DVD writer).

If there are any 220 owners out there i would like to find out whether this is possible and what lead/software i need to get to acheive this.

My PC has USB and firewire sockets.

Hope someone can help me!!!

Thanks

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Hi

You can not connect the Pioneer 220 to a computer, it has no Firewire connection for a digital output or input (the 320 model does but even then you need Firewire and not USB). Even if you could connect it is doesn't become a DVD Writer.

If you need a DVD Writer your only option is to purchase one as you can't use a DVD Recorder as a DVD Writer in your computer.

Regards

Philip

3. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    U could always the use Svideo in/out and audio in/out connections on your 220 to connect to a PC. My graphics card has a TV out Svideo I could use to record to DVD, and I have just bought a Pinnacle Freeview/analog TV tuner that has Svideo in if I wanted to record DVDs on the PC.

4. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you can buy a DVD-ROM drive for about £15 (or a DVD writer for £30+) - which is probably no more than the cost of a decent interconnect cable - is it not 100% easier just to fit a DVD drive to the PC??

(go to www.ebuyer.com for the best prices on DVD drives)

Cliff

5. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes I would agree. U can get a Pinnacle TV PCI card with Freeview/analog tuner built-in for about £50 [oem version]. I just bought one, haven't tried it yet though.