1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 setup nightmare!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Supernosh, Sep 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Can anyone help with the following setup issue?

I have a 2011 and have just started to utalise some of the features it has.

Please bear with me as this may get a little confusing!

Just bought a gamecube so thought it would be nice to have my component DVD and component Gamecube outputs going into the amp to allow me to switch between them whilst using the Projector.

The problem I have is how to get sound on either of them.

I have the optical cable going from the DVD player to the Amp and that was fine but now I have the DVD player component out going into the amp as well and have it switched to that. How do I get it so the sound will come out as well when the amp is switched onto the component in for the dvd player??

Also the only way I can think of to get sound from the Gamecube when its going through the PJ is to use the scart cable that came with it and put it into the TV via scart. Leaving the TV on and having the sound come through that. Must be a better way to get the sound through the amp but then I am faced with the previous problem of how to switch to the component in for the amp whilst having the sound come through??

Sorry its a bit long winded and thanks for any help!!

2. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess what I am really asking is can you use the amp for component switching of 2 sources and still use the audio as well?

Seems to me like you should be able to (the feature is a bit useless without that ability!!).

3. RobbieG

RobbieG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have a simalar set up to you and it sounds like you havent assigned the component inputs properly. Try the following

Put the component video lead from the DVD into Component 1 and a optical audio lead to optical input 1

Then the Gamecube Component lead into Component 2 and take the lead you got with the Gamecube which should be 3 Phonos ie L+R Audio and composite Video and connect the audio up to Video 1 (or video2)

Then go in to amp setup and choose input assign. Then assign the component video 1 to DVD And Comonent 2 to Video1 (or2)

then go into digital Inputs and assign the DVD player to Optical In 1

Exit the setup and (hopefully) you will be able to use the amp to switch Video and Audio

IE put the amp to DVD and you will get Audio and Video from the DVD

Put the amp to Video 1 and you will get Audio and Video from the
    Gamecube

Hope this helps

Rob

4. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are a genious!!!!