1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 remote problem

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Apnomis, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've recently upgraded the rest of my system, but I've had my 2011 for just over a year (warranty expired 14 days ago :suicide: ) However it as developed a strange fault whereby it does not respond to the remote. The remote is fine as the display updates and it can control the other things it's configured to (Plasma, DVD player etc) however the 2011 seems to completely ignore it no matter what I try! However the 2011 has not frozen because I can control it manually with the controls on the unit.

I've backtracked and the only things I have changed lately that directly effect the 2011 are the stand it's in and that I have component picture cables passed through it. I've tried it with and without these changes and it's no good. However the other day it did start working again for a while. And yesterday I unplugged it for half an hour and when I switched it on the control worked again for a while then stopped again. I've tried turning it off at the front but that doesn't make any difference.

I also had it in the new stand and the component cables connected when I unplugged it and plugged it in. And it worked with them, which makes me think those changes are just conincidence and not part of the problem.

Anyone experience anything similar and more importantly know how to rectify it!!!

:lease:

2. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    It appears when I have my cabinet pushed right up against the wall (squashing all the cables as much as possible) the remote control doesn't work. But when it is pulled out (like this lunch time when I was tinkering with the cables) the control works perfectly well! Any ideas as to why that would make a difference? Maybe it objects to having it's wires squashed, lol!

It can't be a heat thing because I can turn it on from cold and it doesn't work when pushed back. It also explains why unplugging it works as I have to pull the cabinet out to unplug it! The only other thing is inference, but I can't see it being that because when it is pushed back I can hold my remote an inch away from the sensor and it still doesn't work! When it is pulled away from the wall I can point it anywhere within "bouncing" distance of the sensor and it picks it up not a problem!

It must be something to do with the back of it, but I don't know what!?

Any suggestions guys?

3. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm sorry I cannot resist this... don't push it back.

... ok a bit more sensible answer... whereabouts on the front of the 2011 is the sensor. It isan't when it's going further back in the cabinet that the edge of the cabinet even the shelf above is just hampering the signal?

If when it's all pushed back you get down on the same level as the amp or up depending on where it is, and test it then to see if it's either the shelf above or it's own shelf blocking the signal from an angle.

Steff

4. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't mean I have to pull my amp out of the cabinet, I mean I need to pull the whole cabinet away from the wall! The amp stays in the same place in relation to the cabinet! As you can imagine having an AV cabinet in the middle of the room is a little inconvient! lol

Also I've tried holding the remote litterally up against the sensor when the cabinet is pushed back but no joy... Only thing I can think of is that maybe there is some sort of disruption of some sort that passes through the remote sensor and disabling it when it is in that particular location, but I find that particularly improbable...