1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 Help ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darren7, Jun 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re: pioneer 2011

Hi this amp is cuttting out after 5 mins, not even running it that high, I have the correct 8 ohm speakers as well. it does not even get that hot, just goes onto standby.... any idears anyone had this do this.. speaker wires are not toutching or anything.

Advise please

Is it a back it?

Darren

2. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I had a similare problem.... and thought I was going to have to send it back. As one last try I disconnected everything and went through a process of elimination.. wierd thing is when I connected everything back up it was fine!

3. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

I have tried that still the same, I thought loads of people had these amps, and may have come across this?????

not many repies

D

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I haven't seen a single person in this country have shut down problems with this amp. I think I've seen 3 in the US but only with 4 Ohm speakers and at very high volume.

Attach you speakers 1 at a time to see if there is a problem with a particualr speaker or amplification channel.

5. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry Darren FWIW mine is running just fine. You must be jinxed

6. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's fine too. I'm using banana plugs at the amp and speaker ends, which I soldered myself to ensure they were done correctly.

My speakers are 6ohm and 8ohm designs so I run the 2011 in 6ohm mode. It's never had any problems, although I don't listen to it particular loud I guess.

I did hear that the very early UK 2011s may have had the same problem with early cut-out that plagued the US version... maybe you got one of these units?