1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 DTS problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stealth, May 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. stealth

stealth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my long awaited Pioneer setup, with the 2011 and DVD757Ai. I've been testing a couple of discs now (all region 2) with both DTS and DTS-ES, but the signal selector shows up with ProLogic II no matter what I do. I've tried all the different Movie and Music sound modes, and tried selecting both Auto and Digital source input. I'm using a TaraLabs coax digital cable from the 757 to the 2011 (digital input 3).

What the h*ll am I doing wrong? Can there be something wrong with the receiver? The DVD-player shows DTS in the display.

I've also tried different Dolby Digital discs, and they show up correctly on the receiver display.

Help me, please!!!!

-stealth-

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set the digital output on the DVD player to allow Dolby Digital AND DTS bitsteams?

My brothers Pio 606 has the option of DD only & DTS as well (in case your processor is incapable of DTS processing)

3. stealth

stealth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kinda silly of me not to check that one, but it definitely did the trick!

The DTS output was set to DTS->PCM by default. Changed it to DTS, and it worked!!

Thanks for the tip, Nathan!

-stealth-

4. Sunil

Sunil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a D2011, and don't get this problem.

Assuming you already have bitstream output selected from your DVD player as Nathan suggested, have you connected both analogue and the coaxial digital inputs? Although the manual recommends connecting both, disconnect the analogue when testing it. On mine, the display will remain as Pro-Logic II unless the signal received is digital and in Dolby Digital or DTS, upon which it will change accordingly. Are you getting any sound at all when a disc is played with DTS audio? You shouldn't be if it is not being decoded as DTS by the amp.

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I should request payment? For every tipbit I help out the user should credit me a muffin :)

6. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Nathan

By my reckoning that would make you in debt (to the members here) to the sum of 127 muffins.

Steve.