1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hannanp, Nov 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. hannanp

hannanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just a couple of quick questions regarding wiring of the 2011. I am connecting up a Sony DVD player (component), Sky+ and xBox to a Loewe Articos.
    In the pioneer manual it states that for video connections, all of the inputs need to be the same as the monitor out. For the Articos, I can use component into scart into AV3 on the TV. However, Sky+ only has sVideo and composite outputs.

DVD
    Component DVD to 2011 (video) - coaxial digital (audio)

Sky
    ?? Scart to Component - optical digital (audio)
    xBox
    Scart straight to TV - optical digital (audio)

Monitor
    Component QED AV29 or Profigold PGV372 , 2011 to Articos

The other option is to forget about any kind of switching in the amp, and just connect scart straight to the TV and handle video switching directly via the TV remote.

I guess this is a common set up dilema and would really appreciate any feedback

On a slightly different note, if you're connecting a 5.1 speaker system, do you use surrond or surrond back speaker outputs?

Thanks
    paul

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Use the Surround speaker outputs.

With regards to your other connections I would just connect everything direct to the TV and switch between AV channels as normal.

3. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,
    Surround back speaker connections only required if you are using 7 speakers with the sub, rather than 5.
    Jim

4. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hannanp,

Did you actually make it work connecting your DVD compo ---> 2011 compo out ---> scart Articos??

I made a series of inquiries before as myself wanted to connect 20011 compo to scart.

This is the way I understand it:
    Your DVD Component out (YPbPr) can be connected to 2011 Compo (YPbPR) then to your tele compo in. You can't use your 2011 component to convert an RGB signal aloone. You need a converted to do that and it's not wise as the converter alone is expensive. Therefore, you can use your QEDAV29. The set-up normally works in Plasma and projector which are Component ready.

I suggest connect yourt DVD via S-video cable as well as your sky using scart to 2phono plugs + s-video cable.

for sure your sky output doesn't really outputting 5.1 DD but 2x digital stereo channels. then you can just selesct DDPLII or NEO6 to create a virtual surround sound from the two channel inputs.

Probably I'm wrong and somebody could confirm this to you.

5. Delius

Delius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    For info this is how I connected my Pioneer up

I connected the monitor outputs S Video and Component direct to a Toshiba Plasma 42" ( always connect S/Video or Composite so you can see the menus on the Pioneer.

Sky is converted from RGB to S Video and fed in via SAT (Audio 2 Phonos)

Free View Converted from RGB to S Video and Fed in (Audio 2 Phonos)

DVD recorder goes in S/Video (Coax for Audio)

DVD/SACD/DVD-A Player goes in Component (Audio on Coax +6 phonos for DVD Audio etc)

PlayStation on Component Video (Audio Optical)

Unfortunatly the Freeview box and the Playstation are on a shared input VCR2 in this case. (Renamed)

If the Pioneer is left on VCR2 you can watch freeview on the Plasma in S-Video and then to use the playstaion all you need to do is turn it on and put the plasma in Component.

The Pioneer notices that a digital signal is available via the Optical input and takes its audio from there. Freeview is still going to the Plasma via S-video but component is too. Just turn the plasma to Component and there you have it

I have a Bose 15 II (6.1)system connect to it...which does cause a few problems as it can screw up the auto set up due to the Subwoofer being fed from all channels and Line level too.

Anyone know if the remote's memory can be increased???

Thanks ALL

Attached Files:

6. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In some wierd way, all those cables look really menacing - and kinda cool.

Unsafe too :D.