1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 2011 & Anthony Gallo Micros good match?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Allos, Apr 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Allos

Allos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need to settle the amp/ speakers selection asap as new house need to be renovated soon.

Would use the system 50% movie/50% music, favorite movie LOTR, favorite music anything Pink Floyd :)

For the time being, will use my Toshiba SD-510E DVD player for both music/ movie. Will definitely get a dedicated CD player later.

Any comments/ suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!

2. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    A fellow Pink Floyd/Roger Waters nut here, who runs three Gallos and the 2011 ...i think they work very well, with the Gallos sats certainly benefiting from a recent Sony1080 to 2011 upgrade.

3. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I run a full Gallo 5.1 system and 2011 - it sounds very very good indeed although I'm no expert and have nothing to really compare it to except my old Pro-Logic system built around a Marantz Stereo Amp, Yamaha Processor thingamy, B&W 601 fronts, Canon (!) rears and a JBL center speaker. Needless to say my new system poo-poos over my old one. Im particularly pleased with the stereo sound, which is much better than my old Marantz 54ki (?) + 601's I find the "Midnight" feature particularly useful for late night gaming sessions or music listening.

4. Allos

Allos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks tyefi & Dazed!!!

Good to hear positive comments regarding AGM with 2011. Also, are you using the original speaker cable?

5. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

No, the original speaker cable was way too short to reach my rear speakers so under advice from uncle eric I bought some QED Micro wire - this quite easily threads through the Wallflower stands. I had the QED Micro cable terminated with the Airloc banana plugs.

6. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    QED micro here too... you're not my lodger are you Dazed!? ;)

7. Allos

Allos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hehe, looks like that there will be 3 identical systems....

QED Micro...
    AG Micros...
    Pioneer 2011...

Thanks guys!