1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 2011 Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chaz, Aug 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Hi all, Can anybody help me please ,I have a Pioneer 2011 A V amp just lately my amp goes into standby.At first i thought it was because of the hot days we have been having recently and it was geting overheated but over the last few days it semmed to be allright but now towards the end of the evening after it had been on all day itsuddenlly went into standby. I wasnt even using it,the volume was at nil it was idle .hope some one can help as it has got me foxed . :lease: :confused:

2. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    I dont want to be teaching you to suck eggs, but have you checked for shorts on speaker wiring, especially where the wires connect to the amp. Even a small whisker touching the case will cause the protection circuit to trip, putting the amp into standby

3. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Yes i have checked that a other thing i had noticed is if i stand very close to the left front spk i can hear what i can only describe like radio interferance even with the volume right down and again the amp seems ok untill last thing at night when it goes into standbye like to day i have had the amp on since 12 30 and its still ok weird