Pioneer 2004

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Phil43, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Phil43

Phil43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone care to speculate on what will be new/better on the 2004 Pioneer MXE's due next winter. Full DVI implementation, higher resolution, increased black level contrast ?

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly a dumb question but what is the difference between the MXE and the HDE Pionneer screens?

Rog

3. Phil43

Phil43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It does not have a tv tuner or use a media box (this seems to be causing problems with picture processing).

The MXE models are monitors, made mainly for professional applications. But many of us use them with Freeview/Sky/S-Video/DVD Component/PCs etcetera.

4. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I would like to see is all the best of the current HDE in terms of asthetics and style, married to what (traditionally) the MXE has delivered in terms of performance.

Having stolen the lead ???, I can't see Pioneer wanting to hand it back to Panasonic can you?

Here's hoping....

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    one thing for sure it will deliver a better pic than the hde models and there will be more room for upgrade boards etc. i dont expect to see a hdmi input but could be wrong. i think it will be dvi
    i dont expect the styling to be inline with the hde but more inline with current mxe. as they are more commercial panels

i think this is the one that will replce my panasonic. the hde`s were not quite there, but i think the extras of the mxe will be exactly what i want.