PioAX10i and Toshiba HD-XE1

pcotton

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, my Pio 757Ai seems to have died, so an excellent upgrade opportunity :thumbsup:

I'd like to go HD and it seems the HD-XE1 is most imminent option. Will the above AMP get the real benefit of it however in terms of sound or will i need to upgrade the AMP ?

Also - did anyone conclude that the £505 price on Amazon is genuine ?

Cheers

I have an ax10i and a 757ai and a Toshiba A1. Connecting via a digital link from the A1 gives high bitrate DTS which is fantatstic and better than normal DD/DTS, the increase in quality with analogue connections is marginal but still present. The A1 has had a problem with the relative volume of the subwoofer outputs which I assume will be fixed for the E1/XE1.

The upscaled picture/sound from the A1 is better than the picture from my 757 on region 1 DVD discs.

I would not buy a new amp yet, I'd wait for HDMI v1.3 switching to become mainstream. The Pioneer is more than up to the job and I can't see the point in on board sound processing yet.

Amazon sell the E1 for £350 and the XE1 for £504. They originally showed a picture of the E1 on the XE1 page but following comments (including a review I sent) they have changed the picture to that of the XE1. I think it is a real price.

If you do a search, you will find that using the analogue 5.1 in, you will still be able to use MCACC settings apparently. It was quite a recent post.

The subwoofer outputs are to spec on the A1 / XA1.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom