Pio, Yammy and KEF in a long thin room

huntere

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys
Never thought I'd do this but here goes!
Its a bit of an odd shaped room but works well for us as our "cinema" room. My chair slap bang in the sweet spot!
A couple of problems are the sub - firstly its a KEF but nothing else would pass the WAF! Also don't like having the DVD,Foxtel, BR on top of the cabinet but IR extenders here are rare and very expensive so until next UK trip will have to stay out on display.

Attachments

• HC1.jpg
    HC1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 3,408
  • HC2.jpg
    HC2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,700
  • HC3.jpg
    HC3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,465
  • HC4.jpg
    HC4.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,885
Looks fantastic:thumbsup: Where is your other rear speaker?:)

Looks fantastic:thumbsup: Where is your other rear speaker?:)

In the second photo, its behind the door on the right. Normally thats closed for when the fun begins!
Due to the shape of the room its impossible without a fisheye lens to get it all in.

I like it. How is it with the sofa perpendicular to the TV?

Its ok for TV. I've asked the OH it is for films and she says its fine. But then again she wouldn't know a surround sound sweet spot if it hit her in the face! I will at some point play with the multi position stuff in the Yamm and see if it can handle that position!

Thats a very nice room (bar the lamshade and the that big vase thing) lol. :thumbsup:

Yeah, thats right up my street.

Looks great, love the furniture. Is the TV mounted on the wall or on some sort of stand?

Looks great, love the furniture. Is the TV mounted on the wall or on some sort of stand?

Thanks

Its actually on the wall. Its a solid "proper" wall and channelling out would have been an issue with the kitchen the otherside of the wall and existing electrics there.
Luckily found a piano black "conduit" designed for just this purpose. I'd prefer channelled in but thats how its got to be.

Really nice.

Do the spiders like it?

Hi Huntere, excellent set up there in a cool room, how do the KEFs sound with the Yamaha RX-V3900?, I'm trying to decide if the extra for the DSPZ7 is worth the effort:thumbsup:

Guys
Never thought I'd do this but here goes!
Its a bit of an odd shaped room but works well for us as our "cinema" room. My chair slap bang in the sweet spot!
A couple of problems are the sub - firstly its a KEF but nothing else would pass the WAF! Also don't like having the DVD,Foxtel, BR on top of the cabinet but IR extenders here are rare and very expensive so until next UK trip will have to stay out on display.

hi mate very nice beleave it or not i am getting a yam 3900 and IQ90,IQ30 and a IQ60c with a monolith sub.

how do the kefs sound on the yam 3900, I have a yam A2 With Q35,q15,q95c with rel strata III sub , like i said i am replacing.

the iq60c is one big centre so deep dont kow where to put that yet on top or below

Really smart setup, loving the speakers.

Very nice room mate.:thumbsup: - and for me, the sofa being perpendicular makes sense. If it was parallel to the screen, then when you lie down you get a crick in your neck lol ! So much comfier going perpendicular style when watching a flick.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom