Pio xde's hours used

jreed110

Does anyone happen to know whether the hours used display in the service menu reflects the number of hours on the panel itself or whether it's the hours the media box has been used? I've bought a 'new' 506xde that is displaying over 2000 hours. The thing is though that the build month is June making it practically impossible to have that number of hours on it. If it's just a case of swapping the media box it would be a lot easier than the whole lot. Any help much appreciated.

kev777

Standard Member
jreed110 said:
Does anyone happen to know whether the hours used display in the service menu reflects the number of hours on the panel itself or whether it's the hours the media box has been used? I've bought a 'new' 506xde that is displaying over 2000 hours. The thing is though that the build month is June making it practically impossible to have that number of hours on it. If it's just a case of swapping the media box it would be a lot easier than the whole lot. Any help much appreciated.
when you enter the service menu the number of hours shown on the main menu refers to the media box, you need to select the PANEL FACTORY menu (press mute to get there) and the number of hours in that menu will be the age of the panel.

If the two values are different then I'd be even more annoyed, then you just need to find out if it's the manufacturer or suppliers fault!

jreed110

Just tried that and got to new menu but couldn't find an hours used display. According to the supplier they've got onto Pioneer and Pioneer say the hours used is very high even if it's been an ex display of theirs but have offered me an hd dvd player in compensation. If it is the hours on the screen then I'd much rather a replaced screen, if it's the media box I'm not overly concerned.

kev777

Standard Member
jreed110 said:
Just tried that and got to new menu but couldn't find an hours used display. According to the supplier they've got onto Pioneer and Pioneer say the hours used is very high even if it's been an ex display of theirs but have offered me an hd dvd player in compensation. If it is the hours on the screen then I'd much rather a replaced screen, if it's the media box I'm not overly concerned.
when you get to the panel factory page, enter that and scroll down 1 or 2 screens, the info will be there. Of course, usual disclaimer with the services menu applies, i.e. you can wreck your screen. Also, if it was an ex display they probably had all the settings wacked up and there's the possibility of retention/burn.

D65

I've tried it also on my 436 fde.

But I only get one screen, with fan info at the bottom.

Scrolling down doesn´t work, what should I do?.