1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio XDE- NO audio using component

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bingle, Jan 27, 2005.

1. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, after trying everything I thought I'd ask the pros!! I watch DVDs on my Pio 435XDE via component. This is all fine- and the picture is great, however I can't get any sound at all. I'm using a decent quality fully pinned scart to carry the audio from the DVD player (Dennon2800mk2) to the media box (input2), but still nothing. As soon as I switch the feed in the options away from 'component' to scart...then bingo....I have sound, but I am of course taking picture from the scart lead, which is far less superior. Please Help!!! Thanks,

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +683
    Well component is a video only connection, what are you using to hook up the audio?

3. moopa

moopa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bingle from another post I found the soloution as I too wanted to do the same.
    Simply get a scart adapter such as the one on an Xbox and stick the audio rca's into the back of it. Now stick this into the scart input of input 2... Hey presto! audio.

Dave

4. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a scart lead to carry the audio, though it doesn't seem to work. It isn't a problem with the cable because the sound works fine when scart is selected under options.

5. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi moopa, I have tried that but still nothing- surely if that works, using a scart should work too. It says in the manual to just plug a scart into Input2 if ur using component,and the audio should flow!!! I don't know if it matters that I'm NOT using the POINEER speakers but am feeding the audio out of the media box to an old HIFI via monitor out. I get sound from all other inputs.Cheers.

6. moopa

moopa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm that is strange. In my case I am doing the following.

Xbox using HD component pack. Component input for video and then the scart input below input one for audio using the xbox scart adapter (The svideo and audio L-R) on it.

I then select component from the input menu and the sound plays back fine.

Sorry I couldnt be of any more help!

Dave

7. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Please note that the left and right audio plugs must be plugged in the Input 3 Scart (not Input 2). Then select Component in the menu, and all should be fine.

8. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I think that's on the 434, not the 435 as they changed it over. On the 434 I think you lost one RGB scart if you used component but they changed this on the 435. The first and third scarts are RGB, the second is s-vid/component.

Again, I haven't tried this myself yet but I think it's correct.

9. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, will try all your suggests anyway....it's driving me mad!!

10. moopa

moopa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I achieved this via input 2 scart and input 2 component at the same time.
    To alleviate any further confusion and to show how to do it please find an image of my own machine here:- (running audio as I took the pic)

http://www.moopa.net/images/componetaudio.jpg

Dave