Pio VSX-D912 Vs. VSX-D812

gammmmo

Novice Member
I've now decided to go for a Pio VSX-D812 to replace my kaput 5 year old Sherwood receiver (see earlier thread). Local shop to me will do it for £315 but I have to wait 2 weeks but they offered me the D912 for £380. Main difference appears to be automatic setup of sound levels. Opinions anyone?

how badly do you want it between the two models there aint much if you have £380 PAY THE MAN

nictry

Distinguished Member

Dfour

you can get digital SPL for less than the £65 extra that will dot he job better than the auto setup!!

gammmmo

Novice Member
nictry, thanks for the info - I've taken the leap and ordered a shiny new Pio D912 from digital direct. I'm hoping it'll be a big improvement over my 5 year old Sherwood 5.1 /DPL1 receiver that broke.

Next thing on my AV list is one of those Pio HDMI DVD players and then a Pio plasma - it seems less painful financially if I make the purchases gradually!!

Malky1903

Novice Member
Originally posted by Dfour
you can get digital SPL for less than the £65 extra that will dot he job better than the auto setup!!
Sorry, I have to disagree with you there. I ran the MCACC on my Pio 912 and then tested with an SPL meter to hear how well it set itself up. The results; within 1db all round. To me, with a result like that, it doesn't justify buying an SPL meter. I used an analogue meter rather than a digital one but I doubt there would be anything in it between the two anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom