Pio VSX-D912 Vs. VSX-D812

gammmmo

I've now decided to go for a Pio VSX-D812 to replace my kaput 5 year old Sherwood receiver (see earlier thread). Local shop to me will do it for £315 but I have to wait 2 weeks but they offered me the D912 for £380. Main difference appears to be automatic setup of sound levels. Opinions anyone?

how badly do you want it between the two models there aint much if you have £380 PAY THE MAN

nictry

Distinguished Member

Dfour

you can get digital SPL for less than the £65 extra that will dot he job better than the auto setup!!

gammmmo

nictry, thanks for the info - I've taken the leap and ordered a shiny new Pio D912 from digital direct. I'm hoping it'll be a big improvement over my 5 year old Sherwood 5.1 /DPL1 receiver that broke.

Next thing on my AV list is one of those Pio HDMI DVD players and then a Pio plasma - it seems less painful financially if I make the purchases gradually!!

Malky1903

Originally posted by Dfour
you can get digital SPL for less than the £65 extra that will dot he job better than the auto setup!!
Sorry, I have to disagree with you there. I ran the MCACC on my Pio 912 and then tested with an SPL meter to hear how well it set itself up. The results; within 1db all round. To me, with a result like that, it doesn't justify buying an SPL meter. I used an analogue meter rather than a digital one but I doubt there would be anything in it between the two anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom