Pio Reciever with HD E1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gaz2810i, Jan 17, 2008.

1. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    HI all

As anybody had problems connecting their Tosh HD DVD players to their TVS via The PIO VSX AX2 AVI or other reciever. I can't seem to to get a picture. Same input works fine with either Sky HD and PS3 so can't be a reciever settings issue. I have tried different leads and Resolutions in box but still can't get it to work.

Any ideas

2. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can you play a copy protected commercial movie through the AX2 onto the screen via the PS3?

Does the HD-DVD player work if you connected it directly to the screen via HDMI, how about if it is just displaying its own menus through the amp?

There was a problem with the SkyHD box knocking out the HDMI-HDCP part of some HDMI chips in the amps but if this were the case the PS3 wouldn’t work correctly....

3. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    Ps3 works well with all Material, games, DVD's and BD's through amp and straight to TV. So does Sky HD.

I prefer not to use amp for PS3 though as i cannot get 1080p 24 unless straight to PDP. HD E1 works fine straight to tv and Ican get sound using optical but cannot get a pic through HDMI.

Due to limitations with COnnections and the issue with 24fps on blue rays i need the PS3 connected to tv and Sky/ E1 through amp. At the mo i have to switch between the two in the TV which is rather annoying. I'm starting to think i need a new amp, but seeing as its only 2 years old, I have no money, and i am still pleased with the quality of sound I don't really want to get rid of it.

Would the PS3's 1080p 24 fps pass through on one of the new 1080p models i.e LX50

4. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

1080P 24 is fine with the LX50,

If you have a few HDMI devices, you want to be able to do 1080P 24 but don’t want to get a new amp then maybe the Pioneer PDA-V100HD would be useful?

Can you confirm that the HD E1 doesn’t go through the amp at any time, even if you set it up to play DVD at standard def, How about with the SkyHD box disconected?

Have you contacted Tosh, I have heard that there were some HDMI issues with the Tosh players...

5. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    NO Tosh doeasn't seem to work at all through HDMI No matter what source or settings. I have not contacted Toshiba - I may do that over the next week and see what they say. With regards Sky HD It doesn't appear to make a difference.

6. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    How well would the Pioneer PDA-V100HD work with My set up (see signiture). Most of the sights talk about its integration with the new Kuro models. What functionality would lose by using the 7G Pio PDP's - is the HDMI control only available on the Kuro? Would it better a better scaler than my TV, HD box and HD E1 (SD Playback).

7. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PDA-V100HD is a very useful box if your running out of inputs, I wouldn’t use it to scale because the plasma is a good scalar and processor and you shouldn’t process video to much.

The PDA-V100HD can be used with any TV with an HDMI input, on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th generation Pioneer plasmas you don’t control it via HDMI-CEC but you can use SR if you want to hide the PDA out of sight.

The only thing that comes to mind with the HD-DVD player is that it may be outputting 1080P at 60Htz and the screen cant display 1080P at 60Htz, only 1080P at 24htz or 1080I at 25 or 30htz.

8. marksmith34

marksmith34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm having exactly the same problem with a Toshiba EP-30 and a VSX AX2AV connected to a PDP434.

If i connect the EP-30 directly to the tv it works fine.

If i connect it via the amp, i get sound through the amp but a black screen on the tv. Though the tv does recognise the correct resolution.

Again my PS3, Sky HD and Panasonic DVD recorder all work fine via the amp and HDMI.

Anyone got any clues?

9. DeWalt Dave

DeWalt Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here also- Tosh E1 into the Pioneer 435XDE - Sound but no picture, yet I can see the DVD players menu via the HDMI lead, but get no video signal once the DVD (HD or SD) starts. Have SkyHD which seems to work fine on the same lead and the same input.

Any thoughts ?:lease:

10. marksmith34

marksmith34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've now taken both my AX2 and my Toshiba EP-30 to a Pioneer service centre to see if they can resolve the issue. They have tried updating the firmware in the amp, but that didn't work. See what they do next?

11. marksmith34

marksmith34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I finally got my EP-30 / VSX AX2AV combination sorted.

I took them both to Yorkshire Multimedia Services in Bradford. A Pioneer / Toshiba service agent.

First they updated the firmware in the amp, but that didn't work. So they ordered a new HDMI board for the amp. This new board works fine. So it's now all working, connected by HDMI.

Surprisingly Pioneer didn't charge me for the repair (the amp is more than two years old), so even better.

12. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    My solution was the same, took mine to Babber in west london and the replaced the HDmi board... Now works perfect with E1