• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pio plasma sync and delay issues

Kotatsu Neko

Distinguished Member
I've had a 50" 8G KURO (LX508D) for the best part of a year now and have always had sound sync issues with it, - basically the sound is ahead of the picture (the sound is routed direct to my Pioneer amp from the source). I've set up delays on the amp to help counter this, but I notice when playing fast paced video games, such as the recently released Megaman 9, that the picture delay causes the game controls to feel laggy.

I've tried to contact Pioneer about this and they've always insisted that the panel is fine, a small delay is normal, that their delay is the smallest ever etc, and that if I want them to look at it they will charge me the best part of £200.

So then... quick question - how many frames of audio delay do you fellow Pioneed plasma owners have set-up to sync your audio from a PS3, a 360, and a cable TV box (a V+ box from Virgin in my case). I'm using 3.5 frames for the PS3 (143 milliseconds), 2.5 frames for the X360 (102 ms), and 4 frames for the V+ box (164 ms). Are these numbers roughly what others are using?

I must admit I was taken aback at first that there would be any sync problems on such an expensive panel, as my old LCD had zero sync issues

Basically I'd just like to know for sure if my panel is faulty so I can badger Pioneer again, or if they just have delays as a standard feature and I'll have to live with it.

Thanks all.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom