Pio PDP436SXE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Troj, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Troj

Troj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I've just purchased on of these today, I've had my old 28" WS CRT for about 7 years and it was really time for a change.

I didn't want the features of the XDE so I plumped for the Sexy (SXE gedditt ?? no ? nevermind :p )

Anyway, I'm using it with Sky+ and have registered for Sky HD, any advice, tips and tricks, good settings to use during break in ?

I've also got a (cheapish but good) Yamaha Decoder, is it best to leave the signal straight from Sky+ to that, or should I loop it through the TV first , as it has optical out.

One thing I can't seem to find out, does it have a feature for hiding static channel banners ?
    Daughter watches Cbeebies all day but their banner moves so thats not so bad I guess.

Thanks in advance!

2. Baz80

Baz80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have the SXE about three weeks now and its just fantastic im really pleased i had previously owned a Panny PE30 which was great but the Pioneer is a big leap forward. i also placed my order for Sky HD today through their website it arrives early may can't wait.

as for settings i simply turned everything down a little and turned the telly to standard rather than dynamic mode i think this will almost certainly cure any concerns you have about burn/retention issues.

i use the optic out feature through my home cinema system for both the tv (well movies and footie) and the 360 which is crystal clear and a strightforward enough method, with the banners and symbols thing you can simply zoom out around those especially in the early days, its not the greatest for picture quality but it'll keep your mind at rest, but really if your sensible with your settings this wont be a problem, good luck and enjoy a great tv.

3. Troj

Troj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, sounds great to me :)

man, I can't wait :(

4. Adzee

Adzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes good advise, I too have had mine for 3 weeks...it truly is a gr8 peice of kit. I'm about 150 hrs in the run-in with the settings turned down. (still looks gr8 like this) can't w8 to turn it up & let that baby rock:)

5. Troj

Troj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, What settings should I be using ?

I hear that setting the contrast to 30 and turning dynamic mode off is a good thing ?

Also, is it worth purchasing a DVD player that upscales to a Hidef resolution ?

Sorry for all the questions, but tommorow's the big day - wanna get this baby working properly :)

6. alistaln

alistaln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181