Pio PDP4280XD or PDP428XD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by skinfree, Jan 10, 2008.

1. skinfree

skinfree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right first up, apologises for asking this question as im sure its covered somewhere on this forum but I just can't find a concise explanation

I was after a Panny th-42PZ70 but if you can find one in stock for a reasonable price you are a smarter man than me :eek:

So as always in these situations, I have upper the bidget to statisfy my HDTV cravings. I have everything in place now except my shinny now HD plasma and I am desperate to find a alternative.

What is the difference between the 2 above models and is the PDP428XD really worth the extra?

Thank you in advance

2. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The main differences are that the 428 can do Picture in Picture, it has Intelligent Brightness Control (which it's recommended you turn off anyway) and the 428 can also be ISF calibrated.

When I bought the 428, I was 100% sure I wouldn't use any of those features - but still bought the 428 rather than the 4280 simply because I wanted the all singing all dancing one. A month later, I did get it ISF calibrated and was glad I'd made that decision.