Pio PDP-428XD vs Panasonic's Latest

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by gzza, Jun 11, 2008.

1. gzza

gzza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a happy Pioneer 5G owner (PDP-435XDE) but am about to move home and have sold the Pio with the current house as it's wall-mounted and cable managed into the wall.

So I'm in the market for a replacement 42" Plasma. I don't have the space in the new place for a 50" and my budget can stretch to about £1500. A quick bit of research tells me that despite the 9G Pioneer's coming out soon the 42" model will no longer exist in Plasma form :( Therefore I'm looking at the PDP-428XD (2007) model as the best option at this current time.

Getting round to my question (!) I wanted to ask the folks here for their opinion of the latest generation 2008 Panasonic 42" screens (am thinking the TH42PZ85) when put up against the Pioneer 428XD model? I mainly watch SD TV, Blu-Ray (PS3) and run a Vista MCE machine for video/audio and recorded tv. I also occasionally play the odd XB360/Wii title..but that's only occcasionally.

I wondered if the Full HD resolution of the latest Panasonic's would really make things better for the likes of Blu-ray and PC usage or if the Pio's video processing wins through regardless?

Any opinions shared are gratefully received!

2. gzza

gzza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0