pio grayscale

D65

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

Still need some help on the 436 grayscale issue.

I'm still pretty stuck on the rgb's in the grayscale, If I measure at 30 and 80 IRE, The middle of the scale ends up in the 6000K range, no matter what I do. Changing the measuringpoints only shifts the problem elsewhere.

If the scale won't track properly in the pro menu, is there something I can do in the servicemenu?, or should I just accept it and make the best of it?.

Which brings me to the next question: which error should I favor?. Blue?

Thx

Dimitri

Hi Dimmie,

Two rules:

1. Minimise Error at the low end
2. Favour errors in this order - Blue, Red, Green with big emphasis on avoiding green error.

HTH

Neil

I guess this is the best compromise....

thx neil

dimitri

p.s. faces look a little yellow though.

Attachments

• donder 1 RGB Levels Histogram.jpg
    donder 1 RGB Levels Histogram.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 47
Should I check color decoder?, because faces look unnatural sometimes(too yellow, too red) I also checked this with the pattern that's in the thx optimizer menu(the six horizontal blue bars) and they tell me that there is an error in the color department, because observing them with the blue filter still shows the individual sections within the blue lines. which shouldn't be visible if decoding is accurate.

Dimitri

From your graph I'd have tried one click down on red cut (although that can be quite dramatic change when you are at the edge down there). Also you should measure the primary and secondaries and adjust the CMY accordingly.

You need to uncheck the "constrain to gammut" option on colorfacts to do this.

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom