Pio Dv360 Can it Play DL + or -R

Wolfie666

Just bought myself an LG DL Burner. Burned a Dvd last night for the first time - tried it out on my player but it didn't seem to recognize the dvd.

The recorded dvd plays fine in the PC.

Have I made the mistake of assuming that because the Pio can play retail DL discs that it can play a PC burned DL +R.

I'm new to burning DL I just assumed it would be the same for a std DVD. So if theres anything else I should take into account then please let me know.

NX3

the 360 is a few years old and unlikely to cope with DVD-R DL discs, they are not the same as pre-pressed movies. I have a more modern Pio 470 and it semi copes with DL, again thats 2 years old though.

dobbin44

My recently purchased 696 struggles with + D/Layer :thumbsdow
Not too pleased, as all the bumf suggested it would cope with everything
I was in Dixons last week and noticed a Sony Recorder 310 (discounted by £80) I decided to buy and this plays the dual layer discs without any hitches
I wish I'd seen this first

NX3

It will vary as well depending on how you recorded the disc, did you use bitsetting and brand (quality) of disc.

Wolfie666

NX3 said:
It will vary as well depending on how you recorded the disc, did you use bitsetting and brand (quality) of disc.
I bought Some cheap and cheerful Dvds - Mirror !!

I used burning software DVDCloner III.

However since then I used DVD Decrypter and it appears to have worked. DVD is read I 've skipped through various chapters to make sure its all there and plays but I haven't yet played all the way through. From what I can make out though there can be a prob when the player changes layer. If so is there a way round this ?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Hardly any players work with DL-R. It has never been that good.

DL+R is much more compatible. Also, the dye is important. I have discs with Ritek D01 Dye and my Sony NS585 player will not play them (they play fine in my Sony NS900 and even a £20 player). I tried a Verbatim with MKM dye and it works in all the players including the NS585.

Wolfie666

nwgarratt said:
Hardly any players work with DL-R. It has never been that good.

DL+R is much more compatible. Also, the dye is important. I have discs with Ritek D01 Dye and my Sony NS585 player will not play them (they play fine in my Sony NS900 and even a £20 player). I tried a Verbatim with MKM dye and it works in all the players including the NS585.
I read somewhere that there are only 2 or 3 Disc manufacturers supplying to outlets who simply rebrand them.

Is it just the older players are more fussy about which dyes and software is used to copy - If I were to buy a newer player would I pretty much being able to Record/play almost any Disc ?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Many different brands of discs (both SL and DL) have the same dye. It would be still be better to check the specs and look for DL+R. However, if it isn't stated. I would expect it to work anyway.

Top Bottom